This new book is by "The Omnivore" creator, Anthony Colpo. From "The Omnivore" website:-
1) There has not been a single tightly-controlled clinical trial that has produced any reduction in CHD mortality that can honestly be attributed to saturated fat restriction or cholesterol-lowering?
2) Long-term follow-up studies have shown that those with the lowest cholesterol levels tend to live the shortest lives?
3) So-called heart-healthy polyunsaturated vegetable oils have been linked to cancer and heart disease?
4) Cholesterol-lowering drugs have not been shown to provide any clear longevity benefit to women, the elderly, or men free of existing heart disease?
5) In Japan, where low-fat diets supposedly protect people from cardiovascular disease, it is actually those who eat the most saturated fat that have the lowest rates of stroke?
6) There is no clinical evidence that eating more whole-grains will reduce your risk of heart disease or colon cancer?
7) Vegetarians do not live longer than people eating a typical mixed diet?
8) Low fat diets, rather than boosting health, actually restrict your intake of important fat-soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids?
9) Most of the information disseminated by health authorities today is designed not to protect your health, but to benefit vested financial interests?