Thursday, June 15, 2006

State of Origin - Game 2

A total bummer! Not because I barrack for the Blues - I don't. The bummer is that due to a combination of events I missed the game!!

1) Channel 9 in Melbourne, in their infinite wisdom, broadcast the E.J. Whitten Legends game instead of Origin 2.

2) I don't control the remote (at work) so the Wogball World Cup was put on and I didn't catch the Origin 2 coverage that started at 11pm.

Anyway ......

It seems the Maroons kicked arse this time around, ensuring a 55K+ crowd at Telstra Dome on Wednesday the 5th of July. Before last night fewer than 5000 tickets remained for Origin 3 and you can bet that they'll be snapped up smartly now. The final score was 30 - 6.

Perhaps the Maroons were inspired by this event at Suncorp Stadium. Looks like the tool that did it might just have caused the Maroons to fire up and see red!!! lol

My money (and hopes) are on the Maroons in three weeks in Melbourne. Go boys. Kick some cockroach arse!

2 comments:

Lowcarb_dave said...

Go the Maroons!

Steve said...

I agree Dave, I'm looking forward to the Telstra Dome showdown !!!